Last updated: 19 July 2017
If you’ve never tried an instant induction before, you might be surprised to learn how easy they are to perform. So much so, they can even be used as part of your daily practice.
This is because instant inductions are extremely useful as they eliminate the need to spend 10-20 minutes trying to relax someone into hypnosis. They allow you to get right down to business.
As let’s face it, time is money.
Your subjects are coming to you to make changes they are having difficulties making – not to sit in your chair for hours on end trying to enter into a state of hypnosis.
While you may be hesitant about using instant inductions, they can actually be used on almost any subject, and in fact, are perfect for those subjects who may be deemed as “difficult.”
If you have subjects who are overly analytical, or have difficulty concentrating or going into hypnosis, an instant induction may just be the perfect choice.
Sometimes the slower methods of inductions like the tried and true progressive relaxation inductions can be problematic for those who are nervous or fidgety.
You don’t really have to be a street hypnotist to take advantage of the simplicity of an instant induction, because instant inductions can be used for a variety of purposes (and a variety of people).
For example, you can use instant inductions as part of your everyday practice or even use them at parties just for fun and entertainment.
But if you’re planning on taking your talents out to the street, there are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to instant inductions.
Tips When Doing Instant Inductions
- The first thing to keep in mind when doing street hypnosis and instant inductions is to always be respectful
- Know that as the hypnotist, you’re in charge of the interaction. This means you’re in charge of someone’s health and well-being, so always be aware of that
- Bring a great attitude with you! When you approach a subject with a “take charge” attitude, people will take you seriously
- Have fun and make sure you’re in a good state of mind
- If you find you’re overly nervous, it’s OK to take 5 or politely excuse yourself for a moment
- Be the best YOU you can be. Approach your induction with energy and fascination
- Try and be a little bit bigger than the group or person you’re hypnotizing
- The hypnosis itself is the biggest hook, so be sure to use that to your advantage
When you learn the techniques of advanced street hypnosis, you can hypnotize anyone, even complete strangers in less than a minute! Now that may sound extraordinary, but the techniques really are that simple. Even if you’re a complete beginner, you can learn these techniques.
But don’t forget, attitude is everything when it comes to street hypnosis!
If you’re shy and afraid to approach people, the best thing you can do is practice, practice, practice!
Better yet, do a little self-hypnosis and hypnotize yourself so you have no fear of approaching strangers. The more you do this, the easier it will be.
In order to do street hypnosis you must be able to introduce yourself to other people and you must feel confident when doing so.
10-Step Process To An Instant Induction
- Introduce yourself, and invite someone over to experience some hypnosis
- The first step in the process is getting your subject to focus their gaze on you. Make sure their attention is focused solely on YOU
- Test their compliance by giving them a simple command like “Would you mind stepping over here for a minute.” If they comply and step aside with you, that is a good sign that they are compliant. If you feel like the compliance is not there, you may need to do some more work to help them relax
- Approach resistance with a smile. Turn up your attitude and proceed to show them that it’s easy to relax their body. One good way to do this is by asking them if it’s OK to put your hand on their shoulder and then gently moving their body side to side or back and forth as you talk. This helps the subject relax. Express to them that there is nothing to be concerned about
- As you go through the process of hypnosis, always test your work. For example after the induction, try giving your subject a suggestion, such as one where they can’t remember their name. Or tell them that they can see something that isn’t there. When giving someone a suggestion, phrase it as a command, but soften it slightly. You might say for example, “Would you, could you or can you” drop your arm
- Look into their eye as if you’re looking right through it by fixating on a spot on their pupil. If your subject has trouble looking you directly in the eye, you can try having them look at a spot directly underneath one of your eyes.
- Once their gaze is fixated on you, cup the back of their head lightly, or simply put one finger on the back of their head. This slight move will automatically make you the more dominant party and you can continue to direct their attention after that. Next, tip their head forward gently with your hand or finger as you say “sleep.” Bring their head into your shoulder to rest. Don’t pull or yank their head, just tip it slightly.This is a reflex and it will last only a split second. Be sure you’re well balanced – if you need to, you can do this induction while sitting in a chair if the person is bigger than you
- The moment you say “sleep” you need to deepen the level of trance. You can say something like “That’s right, just close your eyes gently, because the more you relax, the better you feel and the better you feel the more you relax. You can also say “deeper, deeper and deeper”
- Continue to deepen the trance, but make sure your subject is well balanced so they don’t fall over. You can easily do this by grasping their shoulders to make them feel more secure.
- At this point you can proceed with your routine, but don’t forget your audience. Make sure and speak up so you can be heard by the crowd. Don’t stress out if something goes wrong, because more than likely it will! If something doesn’t go right, just laugh it off. The goal is to have fun and enjoy yourself, because street hypnosis is not something to be taken too seriously.
Attitude Is Everything!
When it comes to street hypnosis – attitude is everything! You can certainly use these techniques out on the street, but you can also use them in your everyday practice or just for fun.
These techniques are a great way to show off your skills as a hypnotist, because in a sense, you’re always marketing yourself. The more well known you become, the more subjects you’ll have. And if you have trouble with these techniques, try practicing them in front of a mirror.
The key to success is to imagine yourself a little bit different – a little bit more charismatic, a little bit more relaxed and a little more outgoing. Basically it’s you at your very best. The more you practice, the better you’ll be. You certainly don’t have to be the class clown or the super big personality, you just have to be yourself, dialed up a bit.
So the next time you have a subject, ask them if you can play around with some quick induction techniques. Practice makes perfect, so keep practicing and perfecting your techniques, and before you know it you’ll be hypnotizing people at the drop of a hat.